V6’s new studio album The ONES bows at No. 1 on the Billboard Japan Top Albums Sales Chart for the week ending Aug. 13.
The 13th album by the veteran six-member Johnny’s boy band was released on Aug. 9 and sold 125,523 copies during the tracking week. They invited Takkyu Ishino of Denki Groove, Motohiro Hata, Yoshinori Ohashi (aka Ohashi Trio) and other prominent Japanese artists to work with them on the album containing sixteen tracks including the ones produced by each member, which is something they’ve never done before.
K-pop charmer Jang Keun-Suk’s Voyage ranked at No. 4 in the initial three days upon its release, but sold approx. 3,000 more copies during the rest of the week and bumped up to No. 2 on the latest albums sales chart.
“GIGS” CASE OF BOOWY THE ORIGINAL, the remastered live album of two 1987 summer concerts by the legendary ‘80s rock band Boowy, follows at No. 3 this week, and Jung Yong-Hwa comes in at No. 4 with Summer Calling.
Billboard JAPAN Top Albums Sales (dated August 7 to 13)
1. The ONES / V6 125,523 copies sold
2. Voyage / Jang Keun-Suk 21,822 copies sold
3. "GIGS" CASE OF BOOWY THE ORIGINAL / BOOWY 21,551 copies sold
4. Summer Calling / Jung Yong-Hwa 21,009 copies sold
5. Puella Magi Madoka Magica Ultimate Best / V.A. 12,911 copies sold